Car insurance can be expensive, but there are so many ways to save money on your premium. Some of these discounts aren’t publicly advertised or lesser known discounts. You might ask yourself, how low can my auto insurance in Tennessee premium go? There are a lot of different car insurance discounts in Tennessee you can get from your insurer, but most insurance companies categorize discounts into 7 different main groups.
Discounts come in many different forms and with new car insurance technology, it is easier than ever to find cheap and affordable car insurance in the State of Tennessee The world of car insurance is constantly evolving and these new technologies can lower prices.
Can you negotiate the price with insurance companies?
You cannot negotiate rates since prices and the auto insurance industry are regulated by each state. Insurance discounts, savings, and eligibility requirements vary by insurer and state, but most companies offer discounts and rates can vary from company to company depending on down payment and monthly payments.
Types of Auto Insurance Discounts in Tennessee
List of auto insurance discount types that can apply to you:
– Driving history discounts include safe driver discounts and accident-free discounts.
– Some of the demographic discounts are Home-owner, Senior, and Low income.
– You can get a discount if you complete a driver training course or a defensive driver course.
– Some of the equipment-related discounts are Anti-theft, Anti-lock brakes, Hybrid vehicles, and Safe cars.
– Some of the payment discounts are Paid-in-full, Auto-pay, and Paperless policies.
– If you are in the military you may apply for a Military discount and save money.
List of Car Insurance Discounts and Savings.
Insurers want to find discounts on your premium to get you to stay with them and do business with them longer. One thing to keep in mind is that most companies will let you use a discount and then eliminate the possibility of other discounts. This is why shopping multiple carriers is extremely efficient because some companies may be able to work with you and reward you for your qualified discounts.
The following auto insurance discounts may be available to you:
– drivers with no accidents during the past three years. You can save up to 10%.
Proof of Prior Insurance (POP) Discount
– This requires you to prove that you were insured without any lapse in coverage for at least six months prior. You can save up to 20%.
– No at-fault accidents, tickets, or moving violations during the last three years. You can save up to 35%. If you are involved in multiple at-fault car accidents, then you may be required to get an SR-22 certificate. In the State of Tennessee, drivers with a DUI on their record may need to get a special certificate for financial responsibility called an SR-22 certificate.
Defensive Driver Course
– the discount is available to drivers who complete a state-approved defensive driving course. The Defensive Driving Discount can reduce your car insurance rate by up to 30%.
– Insure more than one car on a single auto insurance policy kept in the same location. In this case, you can get a multi-vehicle insurance discount also called a multi-car discount. You can save up to 35%.
– This provides discounts for bundled insurance plans using the same insurance company. A great way to save money is to get a policy for auto and homeowner. You can save up to 15%.
– Customers who own homes and condos can save up to 10%.
– Paid-in-full pays the premium in full at the beginning of its policy. You may save up to 25%.
– view and pay your bill online and save up to 2%.
– drivers under 21, can save up to 10%.
– if you drive a hybrid or electric vehicle, you may save up to 10%.
– For renewing before policy expiration. You can save up to 15%.
– Set up automated payment from checking. You can lower it up to $55 per year.
– If you drive less than 5,000 miles per year you may get a low-mileage insurance discount. You can save up to 2%.
Emergency road assistance
– for purchasing roadside assistance or driving a car that comes with it. You can save up to 5%.
– Get a discount through your employer, school, team, or club and save up to 15%.
– drive and own a vehicle that is less than three years old, saving up to 10%.
Safe Car with safety passive restraint and airbags
– Insurers decrease premiums for safer cars. You may save up to 5%.
– cars with anti-lock brakes, ABS, and other safety features. You can save up to 10%.
– Most insurers offer a student discount for young drivers 16 to 24. Drivers must be full-time high school or college students who earn good grades in school.
– designed to help seniors get affordable car insurance coverage. Drivers between the ages of 55 and 64 can apply for discounts if they have been without accidents for at least three years. You can save up to 15%.
– You can save up to 20% if you are a driver over 65 years old.
What Is The Minimum Insurance Coverage Required by Most US States?
Minimum Insurance Required
Bodily Injury (BI)
Property Damage (PD)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
$30,000 per person, $60,000 per accident
$25,000 per person, $50,000 per accident
What Is The Average Auto Insurance Cost Per Year in Tennessee?
Average Cost Per Year
State Minimum Car Insurance
Basic Full Car Insurance
Full Car Insurance
Who Offers the Most Car Insurance Discounts in Tennessee?
To find the best car insurance company for you, get a free online quote. It’ll only take 4 minutes and the process might surprise you. Insurance Direct is partnering with the top insurance companies to provide you with an easier and more convenient way to find the right plan for your needs.
When you are in the market for car insurance, please let us know if you qualify for discounts. Conditions for discounting may vary on the sector, state, and other factors. We also offer different opportunities to save money on your overall monthly premium – just ask us! Get your car insurance discounts now.
How Can I Get a Free Auto Insurance Quote in Tennessee?
Simply click the button below and enter your details on our website to get a quote and the appropriate discounts that can help you save money. Once your request has been processed, one of our licensed agents will be in contact you to provide assistance. We will help you get your personalized car insurance policy and apply all possible discounts.
How to Get the Cheapest Car Insurance in Tennessee?
Your rate depends on location, driving history, personal factors, age, gender, credit score, and vehicle. Pricing varies widely between locations and carriers but is often based on factors like the coverage you want, your location, age, gender, and credit score. When you are looking for the cheapest car insurance in Tennessee all you need to do is get a quote with us.
All insurers ask drivers similar questions – have you had any crashes or tickets? Did your license get suspended in the last 5 years? The cost of your insurance will be affected by past accidents and traffic tickets. Individuals labeled as “high-risk drivers” most often have committed one or more violations like drunk driving, hit-and-run accidents, and speeding tickets.
Most U.S. companies use credit-based rates to help determine the risk that you pose in terms of costs. If your credit history is poor, it will accumulate and impact your rates, which can be as much as hundreds of dollars a year more than someone with good credit. Companies also use insurance scores to calculate your risk factors. These insurance scores aren’t available to the public, but they are the determining factor that
Where You Live
Your ZIP code plays a large role in determining how much you pay. For example, in the State of Tennessee, the most expensive zip code to insure your vehicles is postal code 37206 in Nashville, Tennessee. These two areas both are increasing in size every year and are experiencing a huge boom in tourism and migration from other states. It’s still possible to find cheap car insurance in big cities like Nashville & Memphis by speaking with one of our licensed agents today and having them find deals built for you.
Tennessee is one of the most expensive states in the US for car insurance, costing Tennesseans $1400 on average. You could get a discount by driving safer cars or with certain insurers.
Start Your Car Insurance Quote
The fast, free, and easy way to shop for Auto Insurance in Florida!